Here’s some sources for your study during the self-isolate. I know that doctors can not work from home, we have to work on shifts on the hospital, but we minimise the study lecture on hospital class, so we should had some study time as well at home. Here’s some source that I could collect for increasing my fun learning study time, if you’re a little bit bored with book lately.
- Online webinar or conference call study
There are some online webinars out there that you could join. It will trigger you to stay active like in class, but you have to make sure to match the time appointment due to different country timezone. If you’re having difficulty to match the time zone, make one yourself with your peers! It will create an amazing atmosphere and let your brain active yet a good way to say hello to your friends as well. Make sure you are on the same time appointment, I’ve tried this and it’s an amazing technique to study.
2. Youtube lecture
It’s amazing that if you use it wisely there are some online lectures on youtube. For ophthalmology student or anyone who’s interested in ophtho, here are some channels that worth to watch :
- Moran CORE — it has a huge collection of lectures, and every lectures represented with slides, so you’ll feel like joining a seminar- only this time you could wear your pyjamas
- Cybersight – it has great source of studying, and lots of surgical videos – if you’re looking tips for increasing your surgical ability with adding the theory then it’s the channel
- Tim Root – he’s like on of the most charming professor in ophtho, he explains everything so clearly and easy so we could understand difficult topics
3. Collection of cases
Here’s a good atlas of cases that you could check on if you’re interested about eye, I think it’s a very good way to study from cases – so it will keep you active.
4. Active searching on google image
Why google image? Because it contains lots and LOTS of pictures that you are asking for so you could have a quick visual memory, and google image will show some important slides for points and notes about what you’re asking for. So during your study session, it’s best to prep some google image in front of you.
So, basically you need to give some variety on your study session and be more interactive so it will increases your motivation for studying at home. Cheers!